MYPETDIRECT ONLINE PET SHOP PET FOODS AND MORE > FISH > AQUARIUM & POND FISH FISH TREATMENTS > TROPICAL FISH TREATMENTS & WATER TREATMENTS > TETRA WATER TREATMENT AND FISH MEDICINES
Tetra SafeStart 100ml
Enable safe Aquarium Start
For a safe aquarium start. Introduces live filter bacteria that allow the safe introduction of fish to new aquariums.
New aquarium filters lack the beneficial bacteria that remove harmful ammonia and nitrite. If the aquarium is stocked too rapidly, this can lead to New Tank Syndrome, with fish being harmed by high levels of pollutants. To avoid this, traditionally it has been recommended to stock the aquarium slowly over a period of many weeks.
Recent advances in technology have led to the development of SafeStart, a unique blend of bacteria responsible for ammonia and nitrite removal in aquariums - Nitrospira, Nitrosospira, and Nitrosomonas. These bacteria are included in high concentrations in SafeStart, and when added to a new aquarium quickly establish the biological activity of the filter. This allows fish to be added safely to a new aquarium, without the risk of dangerous rises in ammonia and nitrite.
- Enables safe introduction of fish to new aquariums
- Immediate activation of aquarium's biological activity
- Reduces dangerous ammonia and nitrite levels, thereby helping to keep fish healthy
- Also ideal for maintaining biological activity following water changes, filter maintenance, power cuts etc
- Can be used to resolve problems with high ammonia or nitrite in both new and established aquariums